KME Gold Series Diamond Hone
KME Gold Series diamond hones are manufactured using a patented superior plating process which thoroughly bonds the diamond particles to the steel base, producing one of the fastest cutting, longest lasting, and most durable diamond hones.
KME has been experimenting and torture testing these hones for several months, pushing them way beyond the limits of normal use. In fact they have been intentionally trying to destroy them - to date being unable to ruin even one. In the coarser grits there is some loss of diamond, but they haven't been able to remove enough diamond to see any noticeable loss of performance... even after days of aduse on the hardest "Super-Steels".
- "The Beast" 50 Grit: The most aggressive stone of any kind. It will make even the toughest reprofiling and repair jobs much faster and easier. The Beast is so aggressive that we don’t recommend bringing edges to a full apex with it. Use The Beast for the major stock removal then switch to the 140 grit XC GS hone to finish shaping the cutting edge.
- XXC-100 grit: With a mixture of diamond particles ranging from 80 to 100 grit, this is suitable for major blade repair and serious reprofiling.
- XC-140 grit: Perfect for most reprofiling jobs, moderate chip and blade repair and for quickly restoring the bevels and edges on extremely dull blades.
- Coarse 300 grit: Will produce true shaving sharp edges on even the hardest super-steels. While primarily used for everyday maintenance, it is aggressive enough for performing some minor reprofiling and very small chip repairs.
- Fine 600 grit: Refines your edges, taking them from shaving sharp to true hair popping sharp. The 600 grit stone is often adequate as a first step for light edge maintenance.
- X-Fine 1500 grit: Produces razor edges while retaining just a bit of a toothy bite and will refine your edges to truly "showing off sharp".
Size: 1" x 4" x 3/16" (for use with the KME Knife Sharpening System)
1 stone per pack